NZ Heartland XV team named for NZ Marist clash
Friday, November 3, 2017 allblacks.com Conor McFarlane
2. Anthony Ellis (Buller)
3. Scott Cameron (Horowhenua Kapiti)
4. Eric Duff (Mid Canterbury)
5. Kieran Coll (South Canterbury)
6. Bryn Hudson (Wanganui)
7. Seta Koroitamana (Mid Canterbury)
8. Siosiua Moala (Poverty Bay)
9. Andrew Stephens (Buller) - captain
10. Jarred Percival (Mid Canterbury)
11. Willie Paia'aua (Horowhenua Kapiti)
12. Lemi Masoe (North Otago)
13. Craig Clare (Wanganui)
14. Cameron Crowley (Wanganui)*
15. Ethine Reeves (Poverty Bay)
16. Nathan Kendrick (Horowhenua Kapiti)
17. Matt Fetu (South Canterbury)
18. Melikisua Kolinisau (North Otago)
19. Everard Reid (Poverty Bay)*
20. Nick Strachan (South Canterbury)
21. Willie Wright (South Canterbury)
22. Tom Reekie (West Coast)
23. Ethan Pollock (Horowhenua Kapiti)
*Cameron Crowley and Everard Reid were brought in to replace Maleli Sau and Sam Madams. Sau was suspended after a red card hearing while Madams was withdrawn from the squad.
“We only have six or seven players returning from last year, so it was a bit quiet to start with but they’re getting on well and building friendships.
“The players have bought into the game-plan but the proof will be in the pudding; we are up against one of the strongest New Zealand Marist sides I have seen in a while,” said Matthews.
Buller stalwart Andrew Stephens has been named to captain the team for the first time, with Kieran Coll as his vice-captain.
“Andrew is an experienced player and has been in good form this year. As a halfback he is very involved in game and we like that for a captain,” said Matthews.
While the New Zealand Heartland team will be hoping to retain the McRae Cup, Matthews said the players are looking forward to pulling on the black jersey.
“We want this team to play with pride and you can see that the boys are excited about the opportunity to play for this team.”
New Zealand Heartland XV v New Zealand Marist
Date: Saturday 4th November
Venue: Alpine Energy Stadium, Timaru
Highlights of this match will appear on Mainfreight Rugby, Thursday, 9 November 2017 on Sky Sport 1 at 6:30pm and 9:30pm
Most popular News:
Otago take last gasp stunner over Hawke's Bay20.Oct.2018
Auckland cruises into Premiership final20.Oct.2018
Auckland Rugby open their doors for the final of the Mitre 10 Cup20.Oct.2018
Waikato sweeps into Championship final20.Oct.2018
Canterbury march into fourth straight final19.Oct.2018
Canterbury ready for tough night in Nelson18.Oct.2018